Has anyone encountered a problem with a lot of hair loss? Wherever you walk, you will see hair loss all over the floor. How many strands of hair can a person lose per day? What is the cause of hair loss? And how can there be a way to prevent hair loss? Let’s find out!
How many strands of hair loss per day should be ok?
In general, people have 80-100 grafts of hair per 1 sq.cm., varying according to their age, race, and gender. If under normal conditions, the number of hair loss per day is around 50-100 strands. If the numbers of hair loss is more than that, you should observe yourself whether you may enter a hair loss state or not.
Causes of hair loss
- Hereditary hair loss is an inheritance that no one wants to receive. This can happen to both men and women.
- Hair loss due to vitamin deficiency. Not getting enough nutrients to meet the needs of the body is another reason for the lack of vitamins, especially zinc and biotin, which are essential vitamins for strengthening the hair follicles.
- Hair loss from diseases such as the autoimmune disease (SLE), thyroid disease (Thyroid), hepatitis and syphilis (Syphilis) has a side effect that can cause more hair loss than usual.
- Hair loss of women after giving birth because the levels of various hormones, including estrogen that contribute to good blood circulation, will decrease rapidly, causing postpartum women to have hair loss problems.
How to obseve hair loss yourself
- Try to keep the hair that falls out each day, whether it’s on the floor, in the bathroom drain, or the comb we use every day. Put it in a separate bag each day and do it for at least a week in a row. This will let you know if your hair loss is abnormal or if you’re just worried.
- Another method is to do a Hair Pull Test. Grab 50 hairs and swipe from root to tip. If there is hair loss more than 10%, it is considered abnormal.
How to prevent hair loss
- Hair growth medication is a treatment and prevention that tackles the root cause of hair loss or thinning hair directly because the hair growth medicine will reduce the hormone DHT which is the main cause of hair loss and thinning hair.
- A diet rich in protein and minerals that are essential for your hair, such as avocados, green leafy vegetables, eggs, nuts, and whole grains.
- Find a serum that nourishes your hair and scalp, like Kemist Labs Botanical Derived Scalp Serum which is packed with natural extracts like red clover and Zinc PCA that is an innovation from France. These 2 active ingredients help inhibit enzymes 5-α-reductase that is one of the causes of the production of the hormone DHT that causes hair loss and thinning. With pea sprouts and many other plants with marine plankton extracts that help restore hair deeply to the cellular level, and also helps to reduce hair loss, and strengthen hair roots as well.
Don’t forget to try to count the number of hairs that fall out each day because sometimes we’re worried that is too much hair fall, it may not be the way we think. As long as we understand our own hair loss problem, this can prevent hair loss problems from escalating while keeping our hair healthy.